|The PASSCOM meetings are held on the second Tuesday of each month, beginning at 8:30 a.m. We meet in the portable conference room (C) located on the North-East corner of San Gorgonio Memorial Hospital, 600 North Highland Springs Rd., in Banning, California.|
Meetings are open to the public and citizen participation is very important. We offer valuable information provided by those agencies that are important in surviving a disaster. Round table discussions are held at each meeting, and programs are presented to keep PASSCOM participants informed of emergency procedures, and to assist with planning for the future.
Our desire is to have a representative from every part of the Pass Area communities present at each meeting.
- To stimulate awareness of the need for citizens and businesses to prepare for emergencies and/or disasters that could occur in the San Gorgonio Pass area.
- To organize training and assistance to ensure that the public and business community know what to do before, during and after an emergency or disaster.
- To assist local government in preparing for their role in emergency and/or disaster incidents.
- To enhance the working relationships between emergency response organizations.
- Guest speakers and information to the general public and businesses on how to prepare to be self-sufficient for at least 72 hours after a disaster or emergency.
- Training and development of emergency drills for businesses, schools, mobile home parks, individuals, etc.
- Crisis and emergency management training.
- Assistance in preparing business disaster plans.
- Assistance in preparing business recovery plans.
- Safety training and programs.
- Coordinating first aid and CPR courses.
- Community Emergency Response Team Training (CERT).